Sunday, August 3, 2008

My Yogi

I want to dedicate this to my friend Yogesh Gupta, who is a close friend and has been in my heart for many years now. We met about 15 years back and grew close because of common interests of music, meditation and most important the mystique that intrigued both of us. We experimented with meditation and with music. Reading Osho books and trying out mediation techniques. Yogesh plays wonderful guitar and he used to make compositions and he used to play them. I remember we used to discuss what the composition brings to mind, like a road in the middle of a desert or a tunnel with a hint of light at the other end. We smoked together cigarettes in Punjab Agriculture University Campus and discussed wonderful aspects of life on beautiful summer days. The summer clouds still bring those memories back to me like those were just moments we spent a few days back. We are in touch now as well and write to each other about the experiences of life to each other. We still love the person inside us who is free, carefree, vibrant, aware, awake, simple, clear, unblemished, on a path towards the unknown and an enquisitive human being. I love my dear friend Yogesh and I respect the hint of God he has in him.

No comments: